Memo To:   All Buffalo Teachers

From:         Philip Rumore, President, BTF

Date:          March 9, 2021


Subject:     Court/Vaccine Update

Court Meeting
We met with Judge Colaiacovo, who, as you know, ruled against our motion to close the schools until an arbitrator could decide if our contract had been violated because the schools were unsafe.


While he made no new rulings at this time, he set a further meeting for May 20, 2021 or sooner if necessary.
We will of course be continuing with an arbitration, continue to report health and safety issues in the schools and seek all possible other legal actions to ensure that our schools are safe.

As you know, we have been working to secure more vaccine access for teachers (and also staff). While we have not, as yet, succeeded in having the vaccine available in schools, our and NYSUT’s work has resulted in the vaccine being available to teachers at pharmacies. More will become public soon.

Correspondence to District
We, to bolster our position in court and other legal proceedings, will continue to identify health and safety issues in our schools.


Thank you for taking the time to keep us informed during these stressful times. (Click Here – Letter to Superintendent and Board)


We will continue to fight using all available means to ensure that our schools become and remain safe.


Please stay well. Take no chances.